If you are looking to begin your addiction recovery journey near Salt Lake City, Nexstep Medical Detox can help you take the first step towards sobriety with medically assisted detox services. But what makes medical detox a better choice for so many people looking to get off drugs or quit alcohol in Utah? Let us show you.
Types Of Detox
There are many ways that people try to escape the web of addiction. Weighing the pros and cons of your options can help you make and commit to a choice that will benefit you now and in the long run.
- Non-Medical (Social) Detox – Social detox involves going “cold turkey” with professional guidance and psychological support but without the help of any medications to alleviate withdrawal symptoms. This detox method can be dangerous if you’re quitting alcohol, opioids, barbiturates, or benzos. Physical symptoms can be very painful and even deadly.
- Medical Detox – During medical detox, you may be given medication to alleviate your withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Medical detox centers typically also provide emergency medical support should you experience more severe complications, such as seizures or hallucinations.
- Ultra-Rapid Detox – Ultra-rapid detox involves placing someone under general anesthesia and administering medication to initiate the withdrawal process. This form of detox is expensive, and it can lead to life-threatening complications in individuals with pre-existing medical conditions or mental illnesses. It’s also important to note that the length of the withdrawal period is different for everyone, so you might still experience severe symptoms a few days after anesthesia.
You Don’t Have To Do It Alone
Withdrawal symptoms can be scary, excruciating, and sometimes even life-threatening without proper support. The types of symptoms you may experience depend on the type of drug you’re quitting and your level of dependence. Medically assisted detox includes both professional supervision and assistance with comfort during some of these hard and scary symptoms.
- Drug Cravings
- Loss Of Energy
- Anxiety & Panic Attacks
- Depression & Suicidal Thoughts
- Mood Swings
- Violent Anger
- Muscle Tremors
- Delirium Tremens
- Rapid Or Irregular Heartbeat
- High Blood Pressure
Benefits Of Medically Assisted Detox
At our medical detox facility, you’ll have more than just expert clinical oversight. You will also receive ample emotional, spiritual, and social support during the entire duration of your stay.
- Safer Than Other Methods
- Increased Comfort & Support
- Reduced Risk Of Relapse
- Can Ease Painful Symptoms
Our Detox Services
When you’re ready to quit, we can help. At Nexstep, our expert staff can assist you in detoxing from numerous addictive substances.
The Nexstep Difference
Start your recovery at Nexstep Medical Detox. Our caring staff will be there to support you throughout the entire detox period.
- Personalized Detox Plans
- 24/7 Nursing Care
- Daily Medical Checkups
- Easy Transition To Rehab Programs
- Transportation Provided
- Affordable Financing & Insurance Options Available
Addiction Detox In Utah
Many of our caring Utah staff have made it through the addiction recovery process themselves and are here to support you through your detox. We can also help connect you with aftercare programs and rehab facilities to guide you through the next steps of your recovery.
If you’re ready to take the first step in your journey towards a substance-free life, call us at Nexstep Medical Detox to begin the admissions process now. We are conveniently located just minutes from Salt Laske City, in Orem, UT.